Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss
- Have you ever wondered why you can’t just eat one potato chip?
- Does it befuddle you why you cannot stop refilling that bowl of frosted Flakes?
- Do you feel like a vending machine fiend?
- Can’t stop reaching for those 100 calorie snack packs?
- Can’t stop grabbing that Dr. Pepper or Mountain Dew?
There is a reason for that. Michael Moss, author of Salt, Sugar, Fat, examines and investigates the food industry, and their crafty practices. He starts the book off detailing a private meeting of the top food companies of the world. The meeting was a call for these companies to end their participation in the plague of childhood obesity. The medical field was seeing an emergence of juvenile diabetes, and high blood pressure in young children. Health complications were becoming so widespread, that it needed to be addressed. As you can imagine…
View original post 118 more words