It’s no news again that the official
appointments made so far by the Executive
President of Nigeria, Mohammadu Buhari, have
Created sparkling controversies at
various quarters of the country, especially in
the South-South and South-east Geopolitical
Many people have accused the president of
being too biased with his appointments.
Statistics project that 75% of total 35 key
appointments have all emerged from the
Northern part of the country.
Its also reported that key party members of the
President have been left flabbergasted and
confused as to why they were not consulted or
considered when the president was drawing up
Some hold the view that the President
is appointing people he could trust; while
some observers have stretched that these
controversial appointments can pose serious
danger to the peace and unity of the country,
and to the administration of Mr President.
So can we say the President so far has to
make a choice between TRUST and UNITY
Join the conversation by clicking on the
‘comment box’…. But before then, let’s gently
go through the 35 key appointments so far by
President Mohammedu Buhari: has he been
fair? Has he been biased?
1. Aide de Camp to president: Lt. Col
Abubakar Lawal, (Kano state, North-West, and
husband to President Buhari’s first daughter).
2. Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the
president: Femi Adesina, (Osun state, South-
3. Senior Special Assistant, Media and
Publicity: Garba Shehu, (Kano state, North-
4. State Chief of Protocol/Special Assistant
(Presidential Matters): Lawal Abdullahi
Kazaure, (Jigawa state, North-West).
5. Accountant General of the Federation:
Ahmed Idris (Kano state, North-West).
6. National Security Adviser: Babagana
Monguno (Borno state, North-East).
7. Chief of Defence Staff, Abayomi Olonishakin,
(Ekiti state, South-West).
8. Chief of Army Staff: Tukur Buratai, [Borno-
9. Chief of Naval Staff: Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas,
[Cross Rivers, South-South].
10. Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar,
(Bauchi state, North-East).
11. Chief of Defence Intelligence: Monday Riku
Morgan (Benue state, North-Central).
12. Director General, State Security
Services,SSS: Lawal Daura, (Katsina state,
13. Acting Chairperson, Independent National
Electoral Commission, INEC, Amina Zakari,
(Jigawa state, North-West).
14. Managing Director, Nigerian Ports
Authority, NPA: Habibu Abdulahi (Kano
15. Special Adviser, Niger Delta AmnestyOffice:
Paul Boroh, (Bayelsa state, South-South).
16. Acting Director General, Nigerian
MaritimeAdministration, Safety and Security
Agency,NIMASA: Baba Haruna Jauro (Yobe
17. Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief
ExecutiveOfficer, Nigerian Communications
Commission:Umaru Dambatta (Kano state,
18. Executive Chairman, Federal Inland
Revenue Service, FIRS: Babatunde Fowler,
(Lagos state, South-West).
19. Director General, Budget Office of the
Federation: Aliyu Gusau, (Zamfara state,
20. Group Managing Director, Nigeria
NationalPetroleum Corporation, NNPC
Emmanuel Kachikwu, (Delta state, South-
21. Secretary to Government of the Federation,
Babachir David Lawal, (Adamawa, North East).
22. Chief of Staff to the President: Abba Kyari,
23. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs
Service: Hameed Ibrahim Ali, (Kaduna state,
24. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration
Service: Kure Martin Abeshi, (Nasarawa state,
25. Senior Special Assistant on National
Assembly Matters (Senate): Ita Enang, (Akwa
Ibom state, South-South).
26. Senior Special Assistant on National
Assembly Matters (House of
Representatives):Suleiman Kawu, (Kano state,
27. Director, Department Of Petroleum
Resources, DPR, Modecai Baba Ladan.
28. Managing Director, Asset Management
Company of Nigeria, AMCON, Ahmed Lawan
29. Commissioner for Insurance and Chief
Executive of the National Insurance
Commission, Mohammed Kari (North-West).
30. Executive Director AMCON: Kola Ayeye.
31. Executive Director, AMCON: Eberechukwu
32. Executive Director, AMCON: Aminu Ismail.
33. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Maikanti
34. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Isaac
35. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Dennis
*(no woman has been given official appointment so far. )
*(its reported that there are about over a thousand appointments to be made in the coming days or weeks)
Have the appointments being fair or faulty?,
Have your say below in the comment box….